Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Deployment Post Series 2 of 10



Picture: my sweet sister Emily who came to help with the girls last summer and who also let us live with her for two
months over the winter 

God can use others in your life to show you His love. How true this is for me this year!! I share this for all those of you in the dark places, the lonely places, the deepest of the hardest of the worst places, to tell you: reach out and share your struggles. People often don’t know how to help unless you tell them. God shows up for us through His people. They are a visual representation of Him in our lives. During Tony’s deployment, I had one friend carry my screaming toddler to the car after church and help buckle her in. Another who gave us a meal and place to hang out at every week (literally handed me food to take home every week). A friend who carried Eila in the Baby carrier to give me a break. A friend who spent the night when I was scared. A sister who surprise showed up one night to help with bathtime and bedtime routine. A friend who planted flowers with me to make me happy. A friend who put up mouse traps for me because I was too scared and mowed our lawn. A friend who drove me around in the snow because winter driving scares me. Friends who snow shoveled. Sisters and aunts and moms and grandparents and friends who loved us so well. Honestly I could go on and on. So many who brought meals, watched my babies, checked in on me, kept me company on the lonely nights. Dig deep into the body of Christ, be vulnerable, share your heart and your needs and see what happens. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment