Monday, April 6, 2020

Deployment Post Series 1 of 10




It helps me to write. So during Tony’s deployment, I had to write to process. I decided to put together a series of ten posts about my experience with deployment (with pictures to go with). It was a way for me to reflect, let out my feelings, vent, celebrate, and honestly praise God in the hard and the good. The writing isn’t super edited or perfect. It was written between baby feedings and toddler tantrums and tears and fears and all of the crazy. But it was written. And that was an accomplishment for me so to that end it is worth sharing! 


 Here’s the first:


Deployment Series: Post 1 of 10


(Picture: this picture is from the hospital the night Eila was born with her aunties Holly and Jessie, Tony’s sisters who were there for her birth, everyone is sleeping as it was a long day :) ... Tony was not able to be there for her birth but was able to come back for a 12 day paternity leave afterwards)


This has been one of the absolute hardest and yet absolute sweetest years of my life. Because of security reasons, I had not posted specifically about Tony’s deployment but now that he is back, it is crazy to reflect on all that happened during this last year. Never in the plan for my life did I imagine giving birth without my guy by my side but God had a different plan. Our Eila was born and my amazing sister in laws were with me through labor and delivery... an incredible experience to share that with them and a story I will tell Eila over and over again to remind her how much her aunties love her and how the God of the universe and of her life loves her so deeply and has a plan for her. This year I jumped into caring for a newborn and toddler with Tony gone... but the crazy thing is that God. Sustained. Me. Every day with His power and His love and with family and friends and community. If I can give anyone in a hurting or hard season advice, it would be to (1) run to Jesus with all you have and (2) run alongside others who love Jesus too. Alongside people who will encourage you, speak truth to you, and remind you of God’s love. I did not do this year alone, I felt Gods presence the entire time. Yes it was lonely. Yes it was hard. But God does not leave us. This is His promise. 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment