Thursday, April 16, 2020

Deployment Post Series 10 of 10










celebrations 

Picture: a girls weekend with my friend Rachel who hiked with Eila in the pack for me, Jemma spending time with her uncle Brad, Jems and I getting ice cream, baby Eila’s tiny hand

I had to end on something fun. So my last deployment post is a list of some of the sweetest memories from this last year.
Jemmas sweet voice singing the words to “come thy fount” (I sometimes cried when she memorized hymns and seemed to sing them to me when I needed it most. My little two year old encourager)
Jemma reminding me “mama take a deep breath” when she could tell I was overwhelmed 
Eila belly laughing at Jemma being silly 
Some friends who brought over chocolates and flowers from Tony when he couldn’t be there on our anniversary and Valentine’s Day 
A sister who on my first day in Texas made me a bubble bath, took the baby and said go and enjoy 
Christmas time in Texas with my Texas family and lots of sweet cousin time for Jemma
Pizza and movie nights on Fridays with Jemma’s Grammy and Gramps
A stranger on the airplane who was a grandpa and held the baby for me, offered kind words of encouragement through a couple long flights 


Here’s what helped me in the worst moments: remembering to be thankful. Thankful for family and friends who carried us through. Thankful for my two healthy sweet girls. Thankful to simply have breath and life and food and a home. Thankful to know Jesus. 

I am thankful that Tony is home with us now. 

When I have hard days, I make lists like these. Every day is another day to see gifts to thank God for. A healthy body. A mind to think and pray and remember what God has done. Eyes to see a world filled with joy and hope. Little feet scampering across the wood. Little fingers reaching for snacks. Reaching for my hand. I can thank God for the sweetness of these things and shout of His goodness and glory. The enemy wants us to be silent but we should shout of the goodness of God! Thanks for reading along with me and joining me in celebrating what God has done and is doing.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment